1. General provisions
2. The Task
3. Competition entry
4. Voting process and final rankings
5. Competition schedule
6. Final provisions
2nd edition of „Stadia Designers Cup” is organised by SkyscraperCity.com users:
- @Djomlasti – Mladen Janković;
- @Masterpaul (Nilaul) – Paul Olak;
- @MaTTiC – Mateusz Cegielski;
further called “Organizers”.
- is entitled to take part in competition as a contestant;
- who is not taking part in competition as conestant joins to judges panel in jury vote.
Official partners of the competition:
- mStadia.net (main partner);
- Stadiony.net/StadiumDB.com (media partner);
further called “Partners”.
The main task in 2nd edition of “Stadia Designers Cup” is to create a concept of a hypothetical new stadium for Polonia Warsaw in place of old one.
Optional task for more advanced designers is to integrate preserved part of a socrealistic facade with a new stadium and give it all a whole new, modern character*.
* more details in paragraph 2.3
2.2 Concept requirements
2.2.1 Stadium concept have to:
- fit in the area designated by Organizers on the land plot;
- create an integral whole with preserved and modernised part of old main stand facade (optional);
- have capacity between 10 000 – 15 000 seats (all seater);
- provide a possibility to host games of local American Football team – Warsaw Eagles;
- meet the major conditions of 4th UEFA category;
- refers to the history and tradition of KS Polonia and city of Warsaw.
2.2.2 Competition branding
- stadium interior should be decorated in “Stadia Designers Cup” branding;
- competition and partners logotypes are available in “Attachment_B_branding”;
- competition and partners logotypes can be used only in 3 color variants available in “Attachment_B_branding”;
- it is allowed to use other brands logos, however, competition and partners logotypes should have priority.
3.1 Application form
- architectural boards preferred;
- format A obligatory (A4 or bigger; A4 at 90 dpi = 1052×744 px);
- max. 10 boards named: name_surname_1-10;
- preferred graphic files format: *.jpg for raster and *.pdf for vector files.
3.2.1 Minimal requirements
- one interior view;
- one exterior view;
- one bird-eye view;
- masterplan (low detail plan view);
- 2 elevation views (western or eastern, northern or southern).
3.2.2 Recommended requirements
- two or more interior views;
- two or more exterior views
- two or more bird-eye views;
- beuaty-shot view (optional)**
- masterplan (semi-detail plan view);
- cross and/or longitudinal section;
- 4 elevation views*** (western, eastern, northern, southern).
** panoramic view on the interior from the highest possible point in stadium corner
*** western or eastern and northern or southern if object is symmetrical
Any extra elements (diagrams, descriptions, etc.) are optional.
3.3 Prior Publication
- designs which are taking part in the competition cannot be fully published in the internet/media before voting process begins;
- designs can be shown partly in the internet/media only for consulting purposes.
- entry must be submitted in English;
- preferred *.zip files;
- each contestant is entitled to submit only one entry;
- message topic: Competition entry – name surname;
- entry should be sent by e-mail at DesignersCup@mStadia.net until 15 X 2016, 23:59.59 CET;
- contestants are obligated to attach a signed declaration, available in „Attachment _C_declaration”
- entry without signed declaration attached will not be accepted.
3.4.1 Copyrights and personal data processing
- published entry will be signed by contestant`s name and surname;
- copyrights to submitted entry remains the property of the author;
- signing a declaration is tantamount to the permission to publication of the entry in the internet/media by Organizers and Partners.
4.3 Winner of the competition
- Contestant whose designs will score the highest number of points/stars in both votings (public & jury) combined will become a Winner of 2nd edition of “Stadia Designers Cup”.
- The Winner of 2nd edition of “Stadia Designers Cup” will receive an actual silver cup with his/her own name engraved on it and an official Polonia club gadget.
- 15 VII 2016, 18:00 CET – launch date;
- 15-22 VII 2016 – Q&A about regulations and eventual major changes;
- 15 X 2016, 23:59.59 – sumbission deadline date;
- 16 X 2016 – verification of submitted entries for compatibility with competition regulations;
- 24 X 2016 – voting process start;
- DD MM 2016 – final results annoucment.
Start of voting process depends on compatibility of submitted entries with competition regulations. To avoid unnecessary disqualifications or penalties there might be given another extra week for designers to eliminate eventual failures in their entries.
5.2 Deadline date
- if necessary might be postponed on contestants special request;
- will be automatically postponed for one month if until 15 X 2016, 23:59.59 there will be less than 5 entries submitted.
- Organizers claim the right to change the regulations;
- Organizers are obligated to inform contestants about any regulations changes in official competition thread at SkyscraperCity.com forum;
- not having fun due the competition is absolutely forbidden! 😉
**** dedicated for SketchUp 2016 – contact with Organizers for different file format.