1. General Provisions
2. Concept requirements
3. Competition entry
4. Voting process
5. Competition schedule
6. Final Provisions
The topic of the 1st edition of „Stadia Designers Cup” is to create a concept for a hypothetical stadium for Crystal Palace`s F.C. with the necessary communication infrastructure on area designated by Organizers on the land plot attached in „Attachment 1″.
1st edition of „Stadia Designers Cup” is organised by SkyscraperCity.com forum users:
- @Djomlasti – Mladen Janković;
- @Masterpaul (Nilaul) – Paul Olak;
- @MaTTiC – Mateusz Cegielski;
further called the Organizers.
Competition`s media partners: Stadiony.net, StadiumDB.com and mStadia.net.
2.1 Stadium concept have to:
- refers to the history and tradition of Crystal Palace F.C.;
- fit in the area designated by Organizers on the land plot;
- meet the UEFA 4th category conditions;
- have capacity around 30 000 – 32 000 (all seater);
- provide an easy possibility to increase capacity to 40 000 (all seater);
- have at least 40 suits (recommended 5 m wide, each for min. 10 VIPs).
2.2 Land plot:
Contestants must respect the context of the park and keep the context of the stadium relatively green instead of cementing the unused plot.
2.2.1 What is not allowed?
- removing any existing buildings and trees from the plot;
- changing the shape and height of the buildings;
- changing the terrain topography.
2.2.2 What is allowed?
- creating wider context (extra buildings, streets, etc. – will not be assessed);
- modifying the footbridge (access to the sports arena must be preserved);
- relocating old and adding new trees;
- changing of 3D representation (shape) of the trees;
- changing roads and sidewalks width;
- changing the colour, texture and adding extra detail to the surrounding (will not be assessed);
- changing the terrain topography only in area designated by Organizers.
2.3 Important recommendations
2.3.1 English restrictions
- each rows must have a maximum 28 seats;
- max. angle for ramps is 5%;
- min. width for wheelchair corridor 900 mm;
- absolute min. gangway is 1 100 mm;
- absolute min. clear seatwy 305 mm;
- reccomended clear seatway 400 mm.
2.3.2 Helpful recommendations:
- parking for a normal car is 4.9 m x 2.4 m-3.2 ;
- parking for car with wheelchair is 4.9 m x 3.3 m;
- bus parking slot have a width of about 3m-3.2m x 15 m;
- widest vehicle (trucks and buses) have a width of 2.55 m;
- roads have minimum width of 2.7 m;
- footpath width single person 0.6 m min.;
- footpath width for single pram/wheelchair 0.8 m min.;
- max. stair height externally without landing 1.5 m.
3.1 Application form:
- preferred architectural boards;
- format A (A4 or bigger; A4 at 90 dpi = 1052×744 px);
- max. 10 boards named: name_surname_nickname(if SSC user)_1-10;
- preferred graphic files format: *.jpg for raster and *.pdf for vector files.
3.2.1 Minimal requirements
- one interior view;
- one exterior view;
- one bird-eye view;
- masterplan (low detail plan view);
- 2 elevation views (western or eastern, northern or southern);
- description of the expansion method*.
* not necessary if visualization of the expanded stadium is included
3.2.2 Recommended requirements
- two or more interior views;
- two or more exterior views
- two or more bird-eye views;
- masterplan (semi-detail plan view);
- cross and/or longitudinal section;
- 4 elevation views** (western, eastern, northern, southern).
** not necessary if object is symmetrical
Any extra elements (diagrams, descriptions, etc.) and visualization of the expanded stadium are optional.
3.3 Prior Publication:
- projects which are taking part in the competition cannot be fully published in the internet/media before 5th March 2016;
- projects can be shown partly in the internet/media only for consulting purposes.
- entry must be submitted in English;
- each contestant is entitled to submit only one entry;
- entry should be sent by e-mail at DesignersCup@mStadia.net until 23:59.59 CET 4th March 2016;
- message topic: Competition entry – name „@nickname”(if SSC user) surname;
- contestants are obligated to attach a signed declaration, available in „Attachment 2” (entries without declaration will not be accepted);
- preferred *.zip file with name same as message topic.
3.4.1 Copyrights and personal data processing:
- published competition entries will be signed by contestant`s name, surname and nickname (if SSC user);
- copyrights to submitted entry remains the property of the author;
- signing a declaration is tantamount to the permission to publication of the entry in the internet/media by Organizers and competition`s media partners.
4.1 Audience voting:
- voting platform will be open on 6th March at 18:00 CET and closed on 12th March 2016 at 23:59.59 CET;
- each voter is entitled to vote only once by selecting his favourite 5 entries giving them respectively: 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1 point;
- voters attempting to give more than one vote will not be included in the voting process at all.
- contestant whose project will score the highest number of points/stars will become the winner of the 1st edition of “Stadia Designers Cup”;
- if two or more contestants will have the same total of stars/points, the one who received more 5 stars will be classified higher in the final ranking (if still tied, repeat respectively with 4, 3, 2 and 1 point/star).
Voting results are irrevocable.
5.1 Important dates
- competition starts on 23th October 2015 at 19:00 CET;
- deadline for entries submission expires on 4th March 2016 at 11:59.59 PM CET;
- audience voting will start max. 3 days after deadline expires***;
- competition results will be published in official competition thread at SkyscraperCity.com forum max. 3 days after voting closure.
*** might be postponed due an unexpected events.
- Organizers claim the right to change the regulations;
- Organizers are obligated to inform contestants about any regulations changes in official competition thread at SkyscraperCity.com forum;
- not having fun due the competition is absolutely forbidden 😉
- Attachment 1 – Land Plot (SketchUp 2015, -14, -13 and 8);
- Attachment 2 – Declaration (*.docx).